Biology of the Centrosome
05 61 55 82 65
Technical staff Postdoc
- Laurent EMORINE
- Thierry GILBERT
- Laurence HAREN
- Nicolas LECLAND
- Chiung-Yueh MISMAN
Work in our group focuses on the proteins of the centrosome, and on their role in nucleation and organization of microtubules. We try to understand how microtubules are formed from the gamma-tubulin ring complex, a template structure consisting of gamma-tubulin and associated proteins. We investigate the protein interactions that trigger assembly and activation of this multi-protein complex. Because the centrosome loses its function as a microtubule-organizing centre in many differentiated cell types, and because centrosome proteins re-localize to novel sites of microtubule organization, we study the underlying mechanisms in two cellular models, myoblasts and skin keratinocytes.
Ninein re-localizes from the centrosome to the cell cortex in differentiating skin keratinocytes
The gamma-tubulin ring complex provides a template for microtubule nucleation
- 2015 Jan Scheidecker S, Etard C, Haren L, Stoetzel C, Hull S, Arno G, Plagnol V, Drunat S, Passemard S, Toutain A, Obringer C, Koob M, Geoffroy V, Marion V, Strähle U, Ostergaard P, Verloes A, Merdes A, Moore AT, Dollfus H. 2015. Mutations in TUBGCP4 alter microtubule organization via the γ-tubulin ring complex in autosomal-recessive microcephaly with chorioretinopathy. Am J Hum Genet. 96:666-674.
- 2015 Jan Sana TG, Baumann C, Merdes A, Soscia C, Rattei T, Hachani A, Jones C, Bennett KL, Filloux A, Superti-Furga G, Voulhoux R, Bleves S. 2015. Internalization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Strain PAO1 into Epithelial Cells Is Promoted by Interaction of a T6SS Effector with the Microtubule Network. MBio. 6. pii: e00712-15.
- 2014 Jan Bouissou A, Vérollet C, de Forges H, Haren L, Bellaïche Y, Perez F, Merdes A, Raynaud-Messina B. 2014. Gamma-Tubulin Ring Complexes and EB1 play antagonistic roles in microtubule dynamics and spindle positioning. EMBO J. 33:114-128.
- 2013 Jan Cala O, Remy MH, Guillet V, Merdes A, Mourey L, Milon A, Czaplicki G. 2013. Virtual and biophysical screening targeting the gamma-tubulin complex--a new target for the inhibition of microtubule nucleation. PLoS One. 8(5):e63908.
- 2013 Jan Villumsen BH, Danielsen JR, Povlsen L, Sylvestersen KB, Merdes A, Beli P, Yang YG, Choudhary C, Nielsen ML, Mailand N, Bekker-Jensen S. 2013. A new cellular stress response that triggers centriolar satellite reorganization and ciliogenesis. EMBO J. 32:3029-3040.
View all publications