Role of cell cycle in cell fate decision
05 61 55 67 39
- Eric AGIUS
- Sophie BEL-VIALAR
- Bertrand BENAZERAF
- Guillaume ALLIO
- François MEDEVIELLE
Our aim is to understand how the cell cycle affects cell fate decisions in organ development and homeostasis using as a paradigm the developing nervous system. Deciphering the core machinery of cell cycle has been mostly the focus of cell biologists, while, developmental biologists identified the signaling pathways and transcriptional programs controlling cell fate choices. The interplay between these two fundamental aspects of biology remained largely unexplored. The goal of our project is to implement molecular analyses with advanced technique in time-lapse imaging to elucidate how changes in cell cycle features switch a proliferating neural progenitor into a differentiating neuron.
Multi-tissue analysis of axis elongation in vertebrate embryo
The CDC25B phosphatase shortens the G2 phase of neural progenitors and promotes efficient neuron production
The proneural NeuroG2 drives cell cycle exit of neuronal precursors by specifically repressing a subset of cyclins acting at the G1 and S phases of the cell cycle
- Bertrand Bénazéraf*, Mathias Beaupeux, Martin Tchernookov, Allison Wallingford, Tasha Salisbury, Amelia Shirtz, Andrew Shirtz, David Huss, Olivier Pourquié*, Paul François*, Rusty Lansford*.
Multiscale quantification of tissue behavior during amniote embryo axis elongation
2017 Sep * co-coresponding authors, in press
- 2015 Jan AGIUS, E., BEL-VIALAR, S., BONNET, F., PITUELLO, F. (2015). Cell cycle and cell fate in the developing nervous system: the role of CDC25B phosphatase. Cell Tissue Res 359, 201-13.
- 2012 Jan LACOMME, M., LIAUBET, L., PITUELLO, F.* and BEL-VIALAR, S*. (2012). NEUROG2 drives cell cycle exit of neuronal precursors by specifically repressing a subset of cyclins acting at the G1 and S phases of the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol 32, 2596-607.
- 2012 Jan PECO, E., ESCUDE, T., AGIUS, E., SABADO, V., MEDEVIELLE, F., DUCOMMUN, B. and PITUELLO, F. (2012). The CDC25B phosphatase shortens the G2 phase of neural progenitors and promotes efficient neuron production. Development 139, 1095-104.
- 2008 Jan LOBJOIS V., BEL-VIALAR S., TROUSSE F., PITUELLO F. (2008) Forcing neural progenitor cells to cycle is insufficient to alter cell-fate decision and timing of neuronal differentiation in the spinal cord. Neural Develop., 3:4. Label “highly accessed”
View all publications