REMEMBeR : Revealing Memory Mechanisms of the Brain
DR CNRS 05 61 55 75 75
Researcher Technical staff
- Camille LEJARDS
- Sébastien LOPEZ
- Stéphane PECH
- Vanessa CATTAUD
- François LABASTE
- Benjamin PORTAL
- Christophe REY
Our research addresses the fundamental question of how enduring memories are formed in the brain. We are studying more specifically mechanisms of cerebral plasticity related to spatial and episodic memory in normal mice and in mouse models of memory dysfunctions or pathologies (Alzheimer’s disease, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder). Our work focuses on learning-induced plasticity processes at different levels from the activity of neuronal networks (cerebral oscillations, synaptic plasticity, inhibitory networks), to cells (neurogenesis, morphology of neurons or glial cells, interactions between neurons and glia), neurobiological issues (protein or gene expression, release of neurotransmitters, role of mitochondria) to finally work at the molecular level (epigenetic regulations, role of transcriptional factors).
Hippocampus dysfunction and Alzheimer’s Disease
Impact of metabolic disorders on mood and memory impairments
Memory reconsolidation and PTSD treatment
Adult neurogenesis and memory
Synaptic plasticities induced by learning
Transcriptional control of memory consolidation
- Martinez-Losa M, Tracy TE, Ma K, Verret L, Clemente-Perez A, Khan AS, Cobos I, Ho K, Gan L, Mucke L, Alvarez-Dolado M, Palop JJ.
Nav1.1-Overexpressing Interneuron Transplants Restore Brain Rhythms and Cognition in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease
Neuron. 2018 Mar 15. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2018.02.029
- Bétourné A, Szelechowski M, Thouard A, Abrial E, Jean A, Zaidi F, Foret C, Bonnaud EM, Charlier CM, Suberbielle E, Malnou CE, Granon S, Rampon C, Gonzalez-Dunia D..
Hippocampal expression of a virus-derived protein impairs memory in mice.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Feb 13;115(7):1611-1616. doi: 10.1073
- Villain H, Benkahoul A, Birmes P, Ferry B, Roullet P..
Influence of early stress on memory reconsolidation: Implications for post-traumatic stress disorder treatment.
PLoS One. 2018 Jan 19;13(1):e0191563. doi: 10.1371
- Rekik K, Faria Da Silva R, Colom M, Pacifico S, Zaveri NT, Calo' G, Rampon C, Frances B, Mouledous L.
Activation of nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptors inhibits contextual fear memory reconsolidation
Neuropharmacology. 2017 Oct;125:39-49. doi: 10.1016
- Richetin K, Petsophonsakul P, Roybon L, Guiard BP, Rampon C.
Differential alteration of hippocampal function and plasticity in females and males of the APPxPS1 mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease
Neurobiol Aging. 2017 Sep;57:220-231. doi: 10.1016
View all publications
- Petnoi Petsophonsakul (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in England
- Hélène VILLAIN (PhD in 2016)
- Charlotte BEZZINA (PhD in 2015), currently in Psychology school in Toulouse
- Jessica REMAUD (PhD in 2014), currently "Responsable R&D " at AgreenCulture
- Kevin RICHETIN (PhD in 2014), currently postdoc at UNIL Lausanne
- Nicolas MASSALY (PhD in 2012), currently postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, MI
- Clémence LECLERC (PhD in 2012), currently employed by a private company
- Alice KREZYMON (PhD in 2012), currently teacher in Irvine, California
- Timothé ESCUDE (PhD in 2012) currently Med School student in Toulouse
- Johnatan CECCOM (PhD in 2011), currently at School of Pharmacy in Toulouse
- Stéphanie TROUCHE (PhD in 2009) currently Investigator Scientist in Oxford (MRC, D Dupret)
- Alexandre BETOURNE (PhD in 2008), currently Chief Medical Officer at Above and Beyond (Atlanta, GA)