REMEMBeR : Revealing Memory Mechanisms of the Brain
Directrice de Recherches - CNRS 05 61 55 75 75
Researcher Technical staff
- Camille LEJARDS
- Sébastien LOPEZ
- Stéphane PECH
- Sébastien BULLICH
- Basile COUTENS
- Benjamin PORTAL
- Christophe REY
- Fares SAYEGH
- Anna SZABO
Our research addresses the fundamental question of how enduring memories are formed in the brain. We are studying more specifically mechanisms of cerebral plasticity related to spatial and episodic memory in normal mice and in mouse models of memory dysfunctions or pathologies (Alzheimer’s disease, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder). Our work focuses on learning-induced plasticity processes at different levels from the activity of neuronal networks (cerebral oscillations, synaptic plasticity, inhibitory networks), to cells (neurogenesis, morphology of neurons or glial cells, interactions between neurons and glia), neurobiological issues (protein or gene expression, release of neurotransmitters, role of mitochondria) to finally work at the molecular level (epigenetic regulations, role of transcriptional factors).
Our team is a member of:
Hippocampus dysfunction and Alzheimer’s Disease
Impact of metabolic disorders on mood and memory impairments
Adult neurogenesis and memory
Synaptic plasticities induced by learning
Transcriptional control of memory consolidation
- Dard RF, Dahan L, Rampon C.
Targeting hippocampal adult neurogenesis using transcription factors to reduce Alzheimer's disease-associated memory impairments
Hippocampus. 2019;29(7):579-586. doi: 10.1002
- Zemdegs J, Martin H, Pintana H, Bullich S, Manta S, Marqués MA, Moro C, Layé S, Ducrocq F, Chattipakorn N, Chattipakorn SC, Rampon C, Pénicaud L, Fioramonti X, Guiard BP.
Metformin promotes anxiolytic and antidepressant-like responses in insulin-resistant mice by decreasing circulating branched-chain amino acids
J Neurosci. 2019 Jun 3. pii: 2904-18. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2904-18.2019.
- Coutens B, Mouledous L, Stella M, Rampon C, Lapeyre-Mestre M, Roussin A, Guiard BP, Jouanjus E.
Lack of correlation between the activity of the mesolimbic dopaminergic system and the rewarding properties of pregabalin in mouse
Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2019, in press
- Mann A, Moulédous L, Froment C, O'Neill PR, Dasgupta P, Günther T, Brunori G, Kieffer BL, Toll L, Bruchas MR, Zaveri NT, Schulz S.
Agonist-selective NOP receptor phosphorylation correlates in vitro and in vivo and reveals differential post-activation signaling by chemically diverse agonists
Sci Signal. 2019;12(574). pii: eaau8072. doi: 10.1126
- Cattaud V, Bezzina C, Rey CC, Lejards C, Dahan L, Verret L.
Early disruption of parvalbumin expression and perineuronal nets in the hippocampus of the Tg2576 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease can be rescued by enriched environment.
Neurobiol Aging. 2018;72:147-158. doi: 10.1016
View all publications
- Vanessa CATTAUD (PhD in 2018), currently postdoc at the university of Alberta, Canada
- Trinovita ANDRAINI (PhD in 2017), currently associate professor at Medical University of Indonesia, Jakarta
- Khaoula REKIK (PhD in 2017)
- Petnoi PETSOPHONSAKUL (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in England
- Hélène VILLAIN (PhD in 2016), currently clinical research assistant in Paris
- Charlotte BEZZINA (PhD in 2015), currently in Psychology school in Toulouse, France
- Jessica REMAUD (PhD in 2014), currently "Responsable R&D " at AgreenCulture, France
- Kevin RICHETIN (PhD in 2014), currently postdoc at UNIL Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nicolas MASSALY (PhD in 2012), currently postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, MI, USA
- Clémence LECLERC (PhD in 2012), currently employed by a private company
- Alice KREZYMON (PhD in 2012), currently teacher in Irvine, California, USA
- Timothé ESCUDE (PhD in 2012) currently Med School student in Toulouse, France
- Johnatan CECCOM (PhD in 2011), currently at School of Pharmacy in Toulouse, France
- Stéphanie TROUCHE (PhD in 2009) currently CNRS Researcher at IGF Montpellier, France
- Alexandre BETOURNE (PhD in 2008), currently Chief Medical Officer at Above and Beyond, Atlanta, GA, USA