Cell migration and cancer
05 61 55 78 88
Researcher Technical staff
- Valérie CADAMURO
- Jiaying LIU
Cell migration is critically important in both physiological and pathological processes. Aberration of cell migration can cause a variety of problems including birth defect, immune problem, and cancer metastasis. Cell migration is generally classified into two principle types, individual and collective cell migration. Compared with the well characterized individual cell migration, collective cell migration still remains poorly understood. The main objective of our team is to better understand the controlling mechanism of these different types of migration. In this purpose, we are using different models (Drosophila, cancer cells, mouse) combined with new biotechniques (optogenetic, FRET, caged system)and ex vivo/in vitro live cell imaging.
Actomyosin oscillation of collective cells
Intercellular communication during collective cell migration
Control of cancer invasion by the novel PKCtheta
Controlling mechanism of rotational movement during collective cell migration
- 2013 Jan Ramel D, Wang X, Laflamme C, Montell DJ, Emery G. Rab11 regulates cell-cell communication during collective cell movements. (2013). Nat Cell Biol. 15(3):317-24.
- 2012 Jan Belguise K, Milord S, Galtier F, Moquet-Torcy G, Piechaczyk M, Chalbos D. (2012). The PKCθ pathway participates in the aberrant accumulation of Fra-1 protein in invasive ER-negative breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 31(47):4889-97.
- 2012 Jan *Guo Q, *Wang X (*co-first authors), Tibbitt MW, Anseth KS, Montell DJ, Elisseeff JH. Light activated cell migration in synthetic extracellular matrices. (2012). Biomaterials. 33(32):8040-6.
- 2011 Jan He L, Wang X, Montell DJ. (2011). Shining light on Drosophila oogenesis: live imaging of egg development. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 21 (5):612-9.
- 2010 Jan *He L, *Wang X (*co-first authors), Tang HL, Montell DJ. (2010). Tissue elongation requires oscillating contractions of a basal actomyosin network. Nat Cell Biol. 12(12):1133-42.
View all publications