Control of cell shape remodeling
DR CNRS 05 61 55 67 40
Membres de l'équipe
Enseignant-chercheur Soutien technique
- Hélène Chanut-Delalande
- Francois Payre
- Cedric Polesello
- Jennifer Zanet
- Simon Marques
- Philippe Valenti
- Damien Markus
- Aurore Pelletier
- Alexia Rivero
Animal development produces a spectacular diversity in morphology, from organism-wide features, to the specific shape of organs, tissues and ultimately individual cells. An important challenge is thus to identify the genetic mechanisms that control changes in the three-dimensional architecture of developing tissues and how they have been modified to evolve animal morphology.
Much of our work is focused on epidermal development in flies, a simple system to dissect the molecular basis for morphological differentiation, within a well-known developmental framework. Major outcomes concern the function and evolution of Gene Regulatory Networks specifying the pattern of epidermal trichomes, as well as the discovery of an unexpected class of regulatory small peptides for the control of developmental programs. We also identified cellular effectors that execute cell shape remodeling during epidermal development, and further investigated the functions and regulations of some of those that are of biomedical relevance, in particular for cell migration and cell division.
Gene Regulatory Networks of Epidermis Development
Cellular Effectors of Trimensional Morphogenesis
A Novel Family of Small Peptides Regulating Development
- Dib A, Zanet J, Mancheno-Ferris A, Gallois M, Markus D, Valenti P, Marques-Prieto S, Plaza S, Kageyama Y, Chanut-Delalande H, Payre F.
Pri smORF Peptides Are Wide Mediators of Ecdysone Signaling, Contributing to Shape Spatiotemporal Responses
Frontiers in Genetics
- Al Hayek S, Alsawadi A, Kambris Z, Boquete JP, Bohère J, Immarigeon C, Ronsin B, Plaza S, Lemaitre B, Payre F, Osman D.
Steroid-dependent switch of OvoL/Shavenbaby controls self-renewal versus differentiation of intestinal stem cells
2020 Dec 29:e104347. doi: 10.15252/embj.2019104347. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33372708
- Ray S, Rosenberg MI, Chanut-Delalande H, Decaras A, Schwertner B, Toubiana W, Auman T, Schnellhammer I, Teuscher M, Valenti P, Khila A, Klingler M, Payre F.
The mlpt/Ubr3/Svb module comprises an ancient developmental switch for embryonic patterning
2019 Mar 2019 Mar 21;8:e39748. doi: 10.7554/eLife.39748
- Bohère J, Mancheno-Ferris A, Al Hayek S, Zanet J, Valenti P, Akino K, Yamabe Y, Inagaki S, Chanut-Delalande H, Plaza S, Kageyama Y, Osman D, Polesello C, Payre F..
Shavenbaby and Yorkie mediate Hippo signaling to protect adult stem cells from apoptosis.
- Gomez-Lamarca MJ, Falo-Sanjuan J, Stojnic R, Rehman SA, Muresan L, Cerda-Moya G, Jones ML, Pillidge Z, Yuan Z, Valenti P, Bystricky K, Payre F, O’Holleran K, Kovall R, Bray S .
Activation of the Notch signalling pathway in vivo elicits changes in CSL nuclear dynamics
2018 Feb 44 (1-16) 2018, doi.org/10.1016/j.devcel.2018.01.020
Voir toutes les publications