Genetic recombination and the cell cycle
Directeur de Recherche, CNRS
05 61 33 59 84
- Estelle Brendon
- Philippe Rousseau
- Luu Le Phan Thai
- Carine Pagès
We are studying the global organization of bacterial genomes and its dynamics during the cell cycle and evolution by horizontal gene transfer. Using Escherichia coli as a model organism and a multi-scale approach involving biochemistry, biophysics, molecular genetics and cell biology, we put emphasis on the last steps of chromosome segregation and their integration with the cell cycle and cell division. We also investigate how the molecular machines involved in late segregation are domesticated by mobile genetic elements for their integration as bona fide parts of their host genome.
Genesis and maintenance of bacterial chromosomes
Internal control of the Xer recombination machine
- Campos M, Govers SK, Irnov I, Dobihal GS, Cornet F, Jacobs-Wagner C..
Genomewide phenotypic analysis of growth, cell morphogenesis, and cell cycle events in Escherichia coli.
Mol Syst Biol. 14(6):e7573. doi: 10.15252/msb.20177573.
2018 Jun PMID:29941428
- Sayyed HE, Le Chat L, Lebailly E, Vickridge E, Pages C, Cornet F, Cosentino Lagomarsino M, Espéli E..
Mapping Topoisomerase Iv Binding and Activity Sites on the E . Coli Genome
- Fournes F, Crozat E, Pages C, Tardin C, Salomé L, Cornet F*, Rousseau P*.
FtsK translocation inhibits recombination at a Xer site involved in horizontal gene transfer
Proc Nat Acad Sci USA
- 2014 Jan Crozat E, Fournes F, Cornet F, Hallet B, Rousseau P. (2014) Resolution of Multimeric Forms of Circular Plasmids and Chromosomes. In Plasmid Biology, M Tomalsky and JC Alonso Ed., ASM press. pp 251-273.microbiolspec 2(5): doi:10.1128/microbiolspec.PLAS-0025-2014.
- 2014 Jan Crozat E, Rousseau P, Fournès F, Cornet F. (2014) The FtsK Family of DNA Translocases Finds the Ends of Circles. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 2014;24:396–408 DOI: 10.1159/000369213.
View all publications