Genome Dynamics: Stability, Transfer and Integration with the Cell-Cycle
DR CNRS 05 61 33 59 06
CR CNRS 05 61 33 59 84
Researcher Associate professor Technical staff
- Jérôme Rech
- Luu Le phan thai
- Carine Pagès
- Patricia Siguier
- Valentin Quebre
- Hicham Sekkouri alaoui
- Alix Meunier
- Camille Pin
- Corentin Blanchais
- Guillaume Morla
Bacterial genomes are composed of a main chromosome and a plethora of diverse secondary replicons. These latter are the main drivers of genome plasticity by horizontal gene transfer, allowing bacterial adaptation, including acquisition of virulence and drugs multi-resistance.
Our group studies the maintenance functions of bacterial replicons in diverse bacterial species, their integration and their crosstalk with gene transfer and cell cycle dynamics. Combining molecular genetics, synthetic biology, biochemistry and fluorescence microscopy with bioinformatics and mathematical modeling, we are investigating the mechanisms and diversity of maintenance functions, the control of the cell-cycle and the control of gene transfer by conjugation and integration, including in the model gut microbiota of the worm C. elegans.
Diversity of ParABS systems
Mechanisms of Bacterial DNA segregation
Interplay between bacterial segregation and conjugation: StbAB
Genesis and maintenance of bacterial chromosomes
Internal control of the Xer recombination machine
- Walter, J.-C., Rech, J., Walliser, N.-O., Dorignac, J., Geniet, F., Palmeri, J., Parmeggiani, A., and Bouet, J.-Y.
Physical modeling of a sliding clamp mechanism for the spreading of ParB at short genomic distance from bacterial centromere sites
2020 Dec 2020.101861
- Sandra Daniel, Kelly Goldlust, Valentin Quebre, Minjia Shen, Christian Lesterlin, Jean-Yves Bouet and Yoshiharu Yamaichi.
Vertical and Horizontal Transmission of ESBL Plasmid from Escherichia coli O104:H4
Genes 2020, 11, 1207
2020 Oct doi:10.3390/genes11101207
- Guilhas, B., Walter, J.-C., Rech, J., David, G. Walliser, N.-O. Palmeri, J., Mathieu-Demazière, C., Parmeggiani, A., Bouet, J.-Y., Le Gall, A. and Nollmann, M.
ATP-driven separation of liquid phase condensates in bacteria
Molecular Cell. 79:293-303
- Audibert S.*, Tanguy-le-Gac N.*, Rech J., Bouet J.Y., Bystricky K. and Lane D. .
Role of centromere sites in activation of ParB proteins for partition complex assembly
PLoS ONE 15(5):e0226472
2020 May 10.1371/journal.pone.0226472, 2020
- Guynet, C., Nicolas, E. Ton-Hoang, B., Bouet, J.-Y. and Hallet, B.
First biochemical steps on bacterial transposition pathways
Methods in Molecular Biology. Chapter book Horizontal gene transfer. 2075:157-177
View all publications