Genome Dynamics: Stability, Transfer and Integration with the Cell-Cycle
DR CNRS 05 61 33 59 06
CR CNRS 05 61 33 59 84
Researcher Associate professor Technical staff
- Jérôme Rech
- Luu Le Phan Thai
- Carine Pagès
- Patricia Siguier
- Isabelle Bru
- Valentin Quebre
- Hicham Sekkouri Alaoui
- Alix Meunier
- Fanny Dornadic-Potel
- Yannis Vareilles
Bacterial genomes are composed of a main chromosome and a plethora of diverse secondary replicons. These latter are the main drivers of genome plasticity by horizontal gene transfer, allowing bacterial adaptation, including acquisition of virulence and drugs multi-resistance.
Our group studies the maintenance functions of bacterial replicons in diverse bacterial species, their integration and their crosstalk with gene transfer and cell cycle dynamics. Combining molecular genetics, synthetic biology, biochemistry and fluorescence microscopy with bioinformatics and mathematical modeling, we are investigating the mechanisms and diversity of maintenance functions, the control of the cell-cycle and the control of gene transfer by conjugation and integration, including in the model gut microbiota of the worm C. elegans.
Diversity of ParABS systems
Mechanisms of Bacterial DNA segregation
Interplay between bacterial segregation and conjugation: StbAB
Genesis and maintenance of bacterial chromosomes
Internal control of the Xer recombination machine
- Walter, J.-C., Lepage, T., Dorignac, G., Geniet, F., Parmeggiani, A., Palmeri, J., Bouet, J.-Y. and Junier, I.
Models of supercoiled DNA interacting with an anchored cluster of proteins: towards a quantitative estimation of chromosomal DNA supercoiling
PlOS Computational Biology. 17(4): e1008869
- Walter, J.-C., Rech, J., Walliser, N.-O., Dorignac, J., Geniet, F., Palmeri, J., Parmeggiani, A., and Bouet, J.-Y.
Physical modeling of a sliding clamp mechanism for the spreading of ParB at short genomic distance from bacterial centromere sites
2020 Dec 2020.101861
- Sandra Daniel, Kelly Goldlust, Valentin Quebre, Minjia Shen, Christian Lesterlin, Jean-Yves Bouet and Yoshiharu Yamaichi.
Vertical and Horizontal Transmission of ESBL Plasmid from Escherichia coli O104:H4
Genes 2020, 11, 1207
2020 Oct doi:10.3390/genes11101207
- Alix Meunier, François Cornet, Manuel Campos.
Bacterial cell proliferation: from molecules to cells
FEMS Microbiology Reviews
- Guilhas, B., Walter, J.-C., Rech, J., David, G. Walliser, N.-O. Palmeri, J., Mathieu-Demazière, C., Parmeggiani, A., Bouet, J.-Y., Le Gall, A. and Nollmann, M.
ATP-driven separation of liquid phase condensates in bacteria
Molecular Cell. 79:293-303
View all publications