REMEMBeR : Revealing Memory Mechanisms of the Brain
DR CNRS 05 61 55 75 75
Researcher Associate professor Technical staff Postdoctoral fellow PhD student
- Christophe Rey
- Sebastien Bullich
- Basile Coutens
- Fares Sayegh
- Guillaume Bouisset
- Anna Szabo
- Flora D oliveira da silva
- Romane Giraud
- Ilyas Bendahmane
- Ezechiel Agbegbo
- Sorene Tabit
- Hannah Casanave
- Juliana Pi-macedo
Our research addresses the fundamental question of how enduring memories are formed in the brain. We are studying more specifically mechanisms of cerebral plasticity related to spatial and episodic memory in normal mice and in mouse models of memory dysfunctions or pathologies (Alzheimer’s disease, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder). Our work focuses on learning-induced plasticity processes at different levels from the activity of neuronal networks (cerebral oscillations, synaptic plasticity, inhibitory networks), to cells (neurogenesis, morphology of neurons or glial cells, interactions between neurons and glia), neurobiological issues (protein or gene expression, release of neurotransmitters, role of mitochondria) to finally work at the molecular level (epigenetic regulations, role of transcriptional factors).
Our team is a member of:
Interview of Laure Verret for Radio France Alzheimer: https://radiofrancealzheimer.org/broadcast/12581-Les-souvenirs-sont-ils-perdus-%C3%A0-jamais
Social memory in adolescence: https://www.neurosciences.asso.fr/2020/01/comment-la-memoire-sociale-emerge-a-ladolescence
Hippocampus dysfunction and Alzheimer’s Disease
Metabolic and Neuropsychiayric disorders: role of hippocampe plasticity
Adult neurogenesis and memory
Synaptic plasticities induced by learning
Transcriptional control of memory consolidation
- Dahan L, Rampon C, Florian C.
Age-related Memory Decline, Dysfunction of the Hippocampus and Therapeutic Opportunities
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2020;102:109943. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2020.109943.
- Bridi M, Schoch H, Florian C, Poplawski S.G, Banerjee A, Hawk JD, Porcari GS, Lejards C, Hahn CG, Giese KP, Havekes R, Spruston N, Abel T.
Transcriptional Corepressor SIN3A Regulates Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity via Homer1/mGluR5 Signaling
JCI Insight. 2020;5(5):e92385. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.92385.
- Minville V, Mouledous L, Jaafar A, Couture R, Brouchet A, Frances B, Tack I, Girolami JP.
Tibial post fracture pain is reduced in kinin receptors deficient mice and blunted by kinin receptor antagonists.
J Transl Med. 2019;17(1):346. doi: 10.1186/s12967-019-2095-9
- Domínguez S, Rey CC, Therreau L, Fanton A, Massotte D, Verret L, Piskorowski RA, Chevaleyre V.
Maturation of PNN and ErbB4 Signaling in Area CA2 during Adolescence Underlies the Emergence of PV Interneuron Plasticity and Social Memory.
Cell Rep. 2019;29(5):1099-1112.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.09.044
- Orrico-Sanchez A, Chausset-Boissarie L, Alves de Sousa R, Coutens B, Rezai Amin S, Vialou V, Louis F, Hessani A, Dansette PM, Zornoza T, Gruszczynski C, Giros B, Guiard BP, Acher F, Pietrancosta N, Gautron S.
Antidepressant efficacy of a selective organic cation transporter blocker in a mouse model of depression.
Mol Psychiatry. 2019, in press. doi: 10.1038/s41380-019-0548-4
View all publications
- Vanessa CATTAUD (PhD in 2018), currently postdoc at the university of Alberta, Canada
- Trinovita ANDRAINI (PhD in 2017), currently associate professor at Medical University of Indonesia, Jakarta
- Khaoula REKIK (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in Toulouse
- Petnoi PETSOPHONSAKUL (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in England
- Hélène VILLAIN (PhD in 2016), currently clinical research assistant in Paris
- Charlotte BEZZINA (PhD in 2015), currently in Psychology school in Toulouse, France
- Jessica REMAUD (PhD in 2014), currently "Responsable R&D " at AgreenCulture, France
- Kevin RICHETIN (PhD in 2014), currently postdoc at UNIL Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nicolas MASSALY (PhD in 2012), currently postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, MI, USA
- Clémence LECLERC (PhD in 2012), currently employed by a private company
- Alice KREZYMON (PhD in 2012), currently teacher in Irvine, California, USA
- Timothé ESCUDE (PhD in 2012) currently Med School student in Toulouse, France
- Johnatan CECCOM (PhD in 2011), currently at School of Pharmacy in Toulouse, France
- Stéphanie TROUCHE (PhD in 2009) currently CNRS Researcher at IGF Montpellier, France
- Alexandre BETOURNE (PhD in 2008), currently Chief Medical Officer at Above and Beyond, Atlanta, GA, USA