REMEMBeR : Revealing Memory Mechanisms of the Brain
DR CNRS 05 61 55 75 75
Researcher Associate professor Technical staff Postdoctoral fellow
- Iulia Antioch
- Petnoi Petsophonsakul
- Sebastien Bullich
- Basile Coutens
- Guillaume Bouisset
- Anna Szabo
- Flora D Oliveira Da Silva
- Celia Bak
- Julie Riviere
- Clemence Viguier
Our research addresses the fundamental question of how enduring memories are formed in the brain. We are studying more specifically mechanisms of cerebral plasticity related to spatial and episodic memory in normal mice and in mouse models of memory dysfunctions or pathologies (Alzheimer’s disease, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder). Our work focuses on learning-induced plasticity processes at different levels from the activity of neuronal networks (cerebral oscillations, synaptic plasticity, inhibitory networks), to cells (neurogenesis, morphology of neurons or glial cells, interactions between neurons and glia), neurobiological issues (protein or gene expression, release of neurotransmitters, role of mitochondria) to finally work at the molecular level (epigenetic regulations, role of transcriptional factors).
Our team is a member of:
Interview of Laure Verret for Radio France Alzheimer: https://radiofrancealzheimer.org/broadcast/12581-Les-souvenirs-sont-ils-perdus-%C3%A0-jamais
Social memory in adolescence: https://www.neurosciences.asso.fr/2020/01/comment-la-memoire-sociale-emerge-a-ladolescence
Hippocampus dysfunction and Alzheimer’s Disease
Metabolic and Neuropsychiayric disorders: role of hippocampe plasticity
Adult neurogenesis and memory
Synaptic plasticities induced by learning
Transcriptional control of memory consolidation
- Santin Y, Lopez S, Ader I, Andrieu S, Blanchard N, Carrière A, Casteilla L, Cousin B, Davezac N, De Souto Barreto P, Dray C, Fazilleau N, Gonzalez-Dunia D, Gourdy P, Guyonnet S, Jabrane-Ferrat N, Kunduzova O, Lezoualc'h F, Liblau R, Martinez LO, Moro C, Payoux P, Pénicaud L, Planat-Bénard V, Rampon C, Rolland Y, Schanstra JP, Sierra F, Valet P, Varin A, Vergnolle N, Vellas B, Viña J, Guiard BP, Parini A..
Towards a Large-Scale Assessment of the Relationship between Biological and Chronological Aging: The INSPIRE Mouse Cohort.
J Frailty Aging. 2021;10(2):121-131. doi: 10.14283/jfa.2020.43.
- Olabiyi BF, Fleitas C, Zammou B, Ferrer I, Rampon C, Egea J, Espinet, C.
proNGF Involvement in the Adult Neurogenesis Disfunction in Alzheimer’s Disease
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2021;22(19),10744. doi:10.3390/ijms221910744
- Fritzwanker S, Moulédous L, Mollereau C, Froment C, Burlet-Schiltz O, Effah F, Bailey A, Spetea M, Reinscheid RK, Schulz S, Kliewer A.
HA-MOP knockin mice express the canonical µ-opioid receptor but lack detectable splice variants
Commun Biol. 4(1):1070. doi: 10.1038/s42003-021-02580-6.
- Hamelin H, Poizat G, Florian C, Kursa MB, Pittaras E, Callebert J, Rampon C, Taouis M, Hamed A, Granon S..
Prolonged Consumption of Sweetened Beverages Lastingly Deteriorates Cognitive Functions and Reward Processing in Mice.
Cereb Cortex. 2021 :bhab274. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhab274.
- Bullich S, Delcourte S, Haddjeri N, Guiard BP.
Learned Immobility Produces Enduring Impairment of the HPA Axis Reactivity in Mice without Replicating the Broad Spectrum of Depressive-Like Phenotype
Int J Mol Sci. 22(2):937. doi: 10.3390/ijms22020937
2021 Jan PMID: 33477830 Free PMC article
View all publications
- Vanessa CATTAUD (PhD in 2018), currently postdoc at the university of Alberta, Canada
- Trinovita ANDRAINI (PhD in 2017), currently associate professor at Medical University of Indonesia, Jakarta
- Khaoula REKIK (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in Toulouse
- Petnoi PETSOPHONSAKUL (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in England
- Hélène VILLAIN (PhD in 2016), currently clinical research assistant in Paris
- Charlotte BEZZINA (PhD in 2015), currently in Psychology school in Toulouse, France
- Jessica REMAUD (PhD in 2014), currently "Responsable R&D " at AgreenCulture, France
- Kevin RICHETIN (PhD in 2014), currently postdoc at UNIL Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nicolas MASSALY (PhD in 2012), currently postdoc at Washington University in St Louis, MI, USA
- Clémence LECLERC (PhD in 2012), currently employed by a private company
- Alice KREZYMON (PhD in 2012), currently teacher in Irvine, California, USA
- Timothé ESCUDE (PhD in 2012) currently Med School student in Toulouse, France
- Johnatan CECCOM (PhD in 2011), currently at School of Pharmacy in Toulouse, France
- Stéphanie TROUCHE (PhD in 2009) currently CNRS Researcher at IGF Montpellier, France
- Alexandre BETOURNE (PhD in 2008), currently Chief Medical Officer at Above and Beyond, Atlanta, GA, USA