REMEMBeR : Revealing Memory Mechanisms of the Brain
DR CNRS 05 61 55 75 75
Researcher Associate professor Technical staff
Postdoctoral fellow PhD student
- Camille Lejards
- Sébastien Gauzin
- Amelie Alfonso
- Clemence Viguier
- Laure Fasseu
- Occiane Fousset
- Guillaume Bouisset
- Anna Szabo
- Flora D Oliveira Da Silva
- Celia Bak
- Julie Riviere
- Romain Hacquet
- Lola Faure
Our research addresses the fundamental question of how enduring memories are formed in the brain. We are studying more specifically mechanisms of cerebral plasticity related to spatial and episodic memory in normal mice and in mouse models of memory dysfunctions or pathologies (Alzheimer’s disease, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder). Our work focuses on learning-induced plasticity processes at different levels from the activity of neuronal networks (cerebral oscillations, synaptic plasticity, inhibitory networks), to cells (neurogenesis, morphology of neurons or glial cells, interactions between neurons and glia), neurobiological issues (protein or gene expression, release of neurotransmitters, role of mitochondria) to finally work at the molecular level (epigenetic regulations, role of transcriptional factors).
Our team is a member of:
Hippocampus dysfunction and Alzheimer’s Disease
Metabolic and Neuropsychiayric disorders: role of hippocampe plasticity
Adult neurogenesis and memory
Synaptic plasticities induced by learning
Transcriptional control of memory consolidation
- Bullich S, de Souto Barreto P, Dortignac A, He L, Dray C, Valet P, Guiard BP.
Apelin controls emotional behavior in age- and metabolic state-dependent manner
Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2022;140:105711. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2022.105711
- Rey CC, Robert V, Bouisset G, Loisy M, Lopez S, Cattaud V, Lejards C, Piskorowski RA, Rampon C, Chevaleyre V, Verret L.
Altered inhibitory function in hippocampal CA2 contributes in social memory deficits in Alzheimer's mouse model
iScience. 2022;25(3):103895. doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2022.103895
- Fulton S, Décarie-Spain L, Fioramonti X, Guiard B, Nakajima S.
The menace of obesity to depression and anxiety prevalence
Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2022;33(1):18-35. doi: 10.1016/j.tem.2021.10.005
- Pomeshchik Y, Klementieva O, Gil J, Martinsson I, Hansen MG, de Vries T, Sancho-Balsells A, Russ K, Savchenko E, Collin A, Vaz AR, Bagnoli S, Nacmias B, Rampon C, Sorbi S, Brites D, Marko-Varga G, Kokaia Z, Rezeli M, Gouras GK, Roybon L.
Human iPSC-derived hippocampal spheroids: An innovative tool for stratifying Alzheimer disease patient-specific cellular phenotypes and developing therapies
Stem Cell Reports. 2021;16(11):2838. doi: 10.1016/j.stemcr.2021.10.003
- Santin Y, Lopez S, Ader I, Andrieu S, Blanchard N, Carrière A, Casteilla L, Cousin B, Davezac N, De Souto Barreto P, Dray C, Fazilleau N, Gonzalez-Dunia D, Gourdy P, Guyonnet S, Jabrane-Ferrat N, Kunduzova O, Lezoualc'h F, Liblau R, Martinez LO, Moro C, Payoux P, Pénicaud L, Planat-Bénard V, Rampon C, Rolland Y, Schanstra JP, Sierra F, Valet P, Varin A, Vergnolle N, Vellas B, Viña J, Guiard BP, Parini A..
Towards a Large-Scale Assessment of the Relationship between Biological and Chronological Aging: The INSPIRE Mouse Cohort.
J Frailty Aging. 2021;10(2):121-131. doi: 10.14283/jfa.2020.43.
View all publications
- Christophe REY (phD in 2020), currently product manager (VWR)
- Benjamin PORTAL (phD in 2018), currently postdoc at the Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Vanessa CATTAUD (PhD in 2018), currently postdoc at the university of Alberta, Canada
- Trinovita ANDRAINI (PhD in 2017), currently associate professor at Medical University of Indonesia, Jakarta
- Khaoula REKIK (PhD in 2017), currently lecturer at the University of Toulouse Le Mirail
- Petnoi PETSOPHONSAKUL (PhD in 2017), currently employed by a private company in England
- Hélène VILLAIN (PhD in 2016), currently clinical research assistant in Paris
- Charlotte BEZZINA (PhD in 2015), currently in Psychology school in Toulouse, France
- Jessica REMAUD (PhD in 2014), currently "Responsable R&D " at AgreenCulture, France
- Kevin RICHETIN (PhD in 2014), currently postdoc at UNIL Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nicolas MASSALY (PhD in 2012), currently Assistant Professor in Anesthesiology, Washington University Pain Center, Saint Louis, MO
- Clémence LECLERC (PhD in 2012), currently employed by a private company
- Alice KREZYMON (PhD in 2012), currently teacher in Irvine, California, USA
- Timothé ESCUDE (PhD in 2012) currently Med School student in Toulouse, France
- Johnatan CECCOM (PhD in 2011), currently at School of Pharmacy in Toulouse, France
- Stéphanie TROUCHE (PhD in 2009) currently CNRS Researcher at IGF Montpellier, France
- Alexandre BETOURNE (PhD in 2008), currently Scientific Director at Critical Path Institute (C-Path), Tuscon, AZ