The MAMBO team (MAthématiques pour l'iMagerie BiOlogique) is specialized in mathematics (optimization, learning, approximation, inverse problems) and in imaging (reconstruction and analysis). It has 2 main objectives:
- Participate in the improvement of microscopy techniques (e.g. RIM, TIRF, SMLM, ...) by refining their mathematical modeling and by building efficient reconstruction algorithms.
- Participate in the analysis of the resulting images by developing (or using) tools to improve the quality of segmentation or classification in large volumes of data.
In particular, it develops new artificial intelligence models to achieve its goals.
The aim is to help the site teams to obtain better images, and to help them to perform finer analyses of the biophysical phenomena at stake.
The publications of the PI are available here https://cv.hal.science/pierre-weiss
Several regular collaborators are involved in this project:
- Emmanuel Soubies (CR CNRS IRIT)
- Paul Escande (CR CNRS IMT)
- Frédéric de Gournay (MCF, INSA)
- Edouard Pauwels (MCF, IRIT)