Role of cell cycle in cell fate decision
05 61 55 83 49
Research engineer Researcher
Associate professor Technical staff
- Eric Agius
- Sophie Bel-Vialar
- Fabienne Pituello
- François Médevielle
- Perrine Uhart
- Sofiane Omerani
- Delphine Bretonniere
- Julie Pignolet
Our aim is to understand how the cell cycle affects cell fate decisions in organ development and homeostasis using as a paradigm the developing nervous system. Deciphering the core machinery of cell cycle has been mostly the focus of cell biologists, while, developmental biologists identified the signaling pathways and transcriptional programs controlling cell fate choices. The interplay between these two fundamental aspects of biology remained largely unexplored. The goal of our project is to implement molecular analyses with advanced technique in time-lapse imaging to elucidate how changes in cell cycle features switch a proliferating neural progenitor into a differentiating neuron.
Function of a cell cycle regulator, the CDC25B phosphatase, in Vertebrate neurogenesis
Role of cell cycle in cell fate decision during organogenesis: Insight into the developing nervous system using single cell high resolution time lapse imaging
The CDC25B phosphatase shortens the G2 phase of neural progenitors and promotes efficient neuron production
- Angie Molina, Frederic Bonnet, Julie Pignolet, Valerie Lobjois, Sophie Bel-vialar, Jacques Gautrais, Fabienne Pituello, Eric Agius.
Single-cell imaging of the cell cycle reveals CDC25B-induced heterogeneity of G1 phase length in neural progenitor cells
- Bonnet F, Molina A, Roussat M, Azais M, Bel-Vialar S, Gautrais J, Pituello F, Agius E.
Neurogenic decisions require a cell cycle independent function of the CDC25B phosphatase.
- Lacomme M, Medevielle F, Bourbon HM, Thierion E, Kleinjan DJ, Roussat M, Pituello F, Bel-Vialar S..
A long range distal enhancer controls temporal fine-tuning of PAX6 expression in neuronal precursors.
- Angie Molina, Fabienne Pituello.
Playing with the cell cycle to build the spinal cord
2017 Dec review
- 2015 Jan AGIUS, E., BEL-VIALAR, S., BONNET, F., PITUELLO, F. (2015). Cell cycle and cell fate in the developing nervous system: the role of CDC25B phosphatase. Cell Tissue Res 359, 201-13.
View all publications
Ligue régionale contre le cancer