Cell migration and cancer
05 61 55 78 88
Technical staff PhD student
- Karine Belguise
- Xiaobo Wang
- Sijia Zhou
- Hao Li
- Ye Zhang
- Bing Liu
Cell migration is critically important in both physiological and pathological processes. Aberration of cell migration can cause a variety of problems including birth defect, immune problem, and cancer metastasis. Cell migration is generally classified into two principle types, individual and collective cell migration. Compared with the well characterized individual cell migration, collective cell migration still remains poorly understood. The main objective of our team is to better understand the controlling mechanism of these different types of migration. In this purpose, we are using different models (Drosophila, cancer cells, mouse) combined with new biotechniques (optogenetic, FRET, caged system)and ex vivo/in vitro live cell imaging.
Actomyosin oscillation of collective cells
Intercellular communication during collective cell migration
Control of cancer invasion by the novel PKCtheta
Controlling mechanism of rotational movement during collective cell migration
- Chadelle L, Liu J, Choesmel-Cadamuro V, Karginov AV, Froment C, Burlet-Schiltz O, Gandarillas S, Barreira Y, Segura C, Van Den Berghe L, Czaplicki G, Van Acker N, Dalenc F, Franchet C, Hahn KM, Wang X, Belguise K..
PKCθ-mediated serine/threonine phosphorylations of FAK govern adhesion and protrusion dynamics within the lamellipodia of migrating breast cancer cells.
2021 Nov 2021 Nov 23;526:112-130. doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2021.11.026. Online ahead of print.
- Wang H, Guo X, Wang X, Wang X, Chen J..
Supracellular Actomyosin Mediates Cell-Cell Communication and Shapes Collective Migratory Morphology
2020 Jun 23(6):101204. doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2020.101204
- Chen Y, Kotian N, Aranjuez G, Chen L, Messer CL, Burtscher A, Sawant K, Ramel D, Wang X, McDonald JA..
Protein phosphatase 1 activity controls a balance between collective and single cell modes of migration.
2020 May 9:e52979. doi: 10.7554/eLife.52979.
- Popkova A, Stone OJ, Chen L, Qin X, Liu C, Liu J, Belguise K, Montell DJ, Hahn KM, Rauzi M, Wang X..
A Cdc42-mediated supracellular network drives polarized forces and Drosophila egg chamber extension
2020 Apr 11(1):1921. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-15593-2.
- Wang H, Qiu Z, Xu Z, Chen SJ, Luo J, Wang X, Chen J..
aPKC is a key polarity determinant in coordinating the function of three distinct cell polarities during collective migration.
2018 May 145(9). pii: dev158444.
View all publications